Sunday, October 9, 2011

So Not Fair

You would think one would realize life isn't fair at age 3. However for me, a fully grown 25 year old, this is still a lesson I am learning. At times I want so bad to have the same situations as my neighbor, or receive the same blessings as my friends. Sitting knee deep in problems of my own, that I feel have been "cast upon me," I want my neighbors life even more. But if there is one thing I have learned in my 25 years of living it is that ingratitude gets you no where. In fact, not only does it keep you stagnate, it makes you feel bad and makes you look like a schmuck.

So gratitude for problems? Yup, that's the way it is done. Understanding that the God in all his goodness allows his children to pass through struggles, because he loves us. Remembering that tests are not supposed to be fair, that's their nature.


I suppose the only one thing that is "fair" about life is that it is unfair for everyone. Every single person on this planet has trials and troubles. We're all in this together.

3 comments: